Sunday, September 23, 2012

Chihuly & Pumpkins at the Arboretum

While it is not Austin (if it weren't for the terrible legal market and the fact the the majority of our friends live in Big D, we would most certainly move about 200 miles south), there are lots of really cool things about Dallas, including the Dallas Arboretum

Both the Chihuly exhibit and the pumpkin village were on display this weekend, so it was the perfect time to plan a trip. However, the weather was not quite as cool as we had hoped. 

We met up with Jill and the Hicks, and started off our trip with a picnic from Taco Joint....I'm so glad the new TJ location is open on Sunday! I didn't manage to get any pictures of the picnic, because I was too busy scarfing down my breakfast taco while trying to keep Ava on the blanket at the same time. 

Then it was time to explore. Ava was ready to go. 


And she sported her pink, sparkly Toms for the occasion (thanks, Lolly!). 


 All the Chihuly pieces were incredible. My photos totally don't do them justice. 









There were also pumpkins all over the place (50,000 to be exact). It definitely made it feel like fall...despite the 90-degree weather. 




 I love the "Fairytale" pumpkins. 



And of course we had to take some pictures by the pumpkins...








I even took some with my girls. Love these!



I also caught a cute one of Grant. 


And the Dads with the strollers. 


Ava had a great time taking it all in. 


And it completely wore her out.


What a great weekend outing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive