Thursday, December 13, 2012

Look, It's Santa!

We have been debating where to take Ava to take her first picture with Santa, and I was really dreading braving the lines. Then Josh's boss was sweet enough to invite us (as well as the other three attorneys and their families) to the big Christmas party at her country club, which included pictures with Santa. Problem solved!

Ava was very curious about this bearded stranger. 



Below is the official picture with Santa. In very un-Ava-like fashion, we couldn't get her to smile, but it is still pretty cute (although I was kind of hoping for one of those classic screaming-baby with Santa pics). 

It was a fun party, and Ava loved watching all the older kids run around. 


There were also reindeer outside. It was the first time I had seen reindeer in real life, and they were really beautiful. 



Ava thought they were pretty cool as well. 


And I had to sneak a picture of the guy who was in charge of the reindeer. He reminded me so much of the Seann William Scott character from "Old School" (being able to bust out a tranquilizer gun is probably his dream). 


At the end of the party, Santa joined in on the fun and walked around the room greeting everyone. When Ava spotted him, I captured what is my new favorite picture...


Ava was so excited to see him, and it was like she was saying, "Look, it's Santa!" Seeing Ava's first magic-of-Christmas moment warmed this momma's heart beyond measure. 

She also thought his glasses were really cool. 


Santa was sweet enough to let us take one more posed picture. And this time we caught a little smile :). 


 We can now scratch "picture with Santa" off the list...one Christmas tradition down, many more to go!




1 comment:

  1. Love Santa pics!!!! I never got it together to do this with Grant, plus, I KNOW he would be that sad, crying baby. :) Ava's dress is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive