Tuesday, March 19, 2013

St. Patrick's Day 2013

After a more subdued shindig last year (that is what a six-week-old will do to you), we celebrated our fifth annual O'Shepherd St. Patrick's Day Party on Saturday with lots of friends, food, and green boozy beverages.

I absolutely love this holiday. There is something about a holiday that lends itself to day drinking so well that is just wonderful. And the weather could not have been more perfect!

The good thing about throwing the same party for so many years is that we are able to reuse most of the decorations, adding a couple here and there each year....like a fun new free printable complete with an Irish proverb.  


Sarah asked if we have more St. Patrick's Day decorations than Christmas decorations. My answer: most definitely. Ha!

We had lots of food as usual (to soak up all that green beer and punch and prevent the party from becoming a complete drunkfest)...


The spread included tortellini with creamy pesto dipping sauce, reuben rolls, mini hot dogs with beer mustard, Sarah's green corn dip, chick-fil-uggets, and dill dip with veggies and bread in the colors of the Irish flag.
The beer cheese dip was also a hit. 
We had some desserts as well (thanks to Erin and Tessa for their contributions!), but somehow I only managed to get a picture of the M&Ms. 


It was more of an adult party this year (thanks to all those who babysat so we didn't have to spend half our time chasing around toddlers), but the Lockwood kiddos joined the fun for a little while. They all looked adorable in their St. Patrick's Day outfits, and they loved the green sunglasses we had out.

Between her nap and hanging out with her Bunny and Aunt B for most of the afternoon, Ava also donned some green and joined the festivities for a bit.



(This group shot is a little blurry, and Ava isn't smiling, but it was the best of the bunch.)

Ava thought my Mom's hat was so much fun.





Erin is quite a natural...watch out, John :).

I think everyone had a good time. It was basically a day filled with drinking, chilling, and soaking up the sun. Three of life's best activities.











Oh, and there was beer pong...lots of beer pong.
Happy (belated) St. Patrick's Day, everyone! I hope you all had as much fun as we did.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive