Monday, May 20, 2013

Second Sunday Brunch Bunch: Boulevardier

For the one-year anniversary of our Second Sunday Brunch Bunch, we picked Boulevardier in the Bishop Arts District. This time around, it was just me, Jill, and Laura, which is fitting since we were the three in attendance at the first meeting of the Brunch Bunch


I feel like you can't go wrong with any Bishop Arts restaurant, and Boulevardier was no exception. It is a relatively new restaurant, and I had heard great things about the self-proclaimed "French-inspired, neighborhood-friendly bistro."

Jill and I started off by ordering the bottomless mimosas, and they were strong! You can tell just by looking at them...mimosas this transparent mean the champagne to OJ ratio is just how I like it. 


We also ordered the "Le Petit Dejeuner" for the table, which came with buttermilk biscuits, baguette slices, a huge croissant, local honey, butter, and house-made apple jam. Per the waiter's suggestion, we splurged and got the chocolate croissant. I'm glad we did, because it was definitely the best thing on the plate. 


I ordered the "Steak Frites and Eggs." The hanger steak and BĂ©arnaise sauce were both delicious. And the fries were ridiculously good. So was the aioli that is hiding behind them. 


Jill and Laura both ordered the quiche, which is made with house bacon, spinach, caramelized onion, gruyere, and parmesan. The crust was a little hard to cut (a piece of quiche may or may not have been accidentally flung onto the table), but they both agreed that the quiche was amazing. 


We ended the fabulous meal with some birthday cake for Jill, which her sweet boyfriend bought (and delivered to my house) for the occasion. 


And don't worry...the cake looks like this on purpose. Both Jill and Steven love the Cake Wrecks blog, so he ordered a cake inspired by all the terrible mishaps highlighted on the website.

The funny thing is that Jill had the exact same idea for Steven's birthday last week. After he had already ordered this cake, Jill presented him with a homemade cookie cake wreck. They both even said "with sprinkles"...so cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive