Sunday, March 9, 2014

Ava's Nursery

Before we move Ava into her "big girl room" in a few weeks, I wanted to capture her nursery on the blog. We will be using most of the same furniture and decor in her new room, but it still makes me a little sad to dismantle the nursery that we spent so much time planning and decorating just a few short years ago. 

Since it was carved out of the attic, the room itself has wonderful architectural details as well as beautiful old windows. So, it didn't take much to turn it into the nursery I had always imagined for a baby girl. 

I will forever remember rocking my sweet baby Ava to sleep in this room. 
















Source Information
'A' Yarn Wreath: Made by Rachel for Ava's shower
Crib: Babies R' Us (no longer available). A gift from Grammie and Papa. 
Bedding and Fabric for Duvet Cover/Pillow in Nook: New Arrivals (my Mom made the duvet cover and larger pillow covers in the nook). 
Chandelier: Layla Grace - Maura Daniel Mimi Chandelier White Pearl (similar style still available).
Curtains: Pottery Barn Kids (my Mom shortened the one above the crib).
Curtain Rods: Pottery Barn Kids (no longer available). 
Silver Side Table: Lamps Plus
Lamp: Antique lamp owned by my great grandmother. White lampshade from Lamps Plus. I added the pink gingham panels using fabric glue. 
Crystal Pacifier Bowl and Silver Changing Table Tray: On loan from my Mom :). 
Clock: Ikea.
Antique Books Under Clock: Half Price Books.
Dresser: Left in our house by the previous owners (score!).
Laundry Hamper: Pottery Barn Kids.
Wooden 'Ava' Letters: Etsy.
Degas Canvas Print: PosterCartel.
Armoire: Luxury Lamb.
Yarn 'A': Made by Rachel for Ava's shower
Pig and Bear: Jellycat Cordy Roys.
Perfume Bottles: Ikea (no longer available).
Ballet Shoes and Cow "Piggy" Bank: Gifts. 
Frames: Aaron Brothers.
"Reach for the Stars" Print: Etsy.
Einstein Quote Art: Etsy.
Eleanor Roosevelt Quote Art: Etsy.
Dr. Seuss and Audrey Hepburn Quote Art: Made by yours truly.
Flower Pillow: Etsy.
Rocking Chair: La-Z-Boy.
Ava Pillow: Made by my Aunt Laura (I told her that she totally needs to sell them on Etsy!).
Shadowbox and Silver Frame: Aaron Brothers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive