Thursday, April 17, 2014

Second Sunday Brunch Bunch: The Place at Perry's

We had to drive through a crazy storm in order to meet up for brunch last Sunday, but it didn't put a damper on our wonderful meal at The Place at Perry's.


The restaurant has a super cool interior and is filled with large, plush booths.


We were seated at one such booth, and my beautiful friends ordered Wine Glass Mimosas while I sipped on the not-quite-as-exciting-but-better-than-regular-water cucumber water. 


In addition to the cucumber water, they brought out free jalepeno-cheese biscuits for the table, which were an excellent way to start off the meal. 


Laura and Sarah both ordered the Bacon Belgium Waffles, which include bacon baked into the waffles as well as extra bacon on top. Because one can never have enough bacon. 


They both loved the waffles, but I think Jill and I out ordered them with the Chicken and Waffles. 

These were definitely some of the best I've ever had. Fantastic waffles, topped with crispy and perfectly seasoned fried chicken, and served with both syrup and gravy…just the way it should be. 


And because the above plate of food was clearly not enough, I ordered a side of Homestead Gristmill Corn Grits as well. I normally require cheese in my grits, but these were truly amazing despite the lack of cheese.  


The other ladies were more than happy to help me finish them off. 

Overall, I definitely recommend the restaurant for brunch. Everything on the menu looked delicious, but it would be hard for me to pass up the Chicken and Waffles. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive