Tuesday, July 22, 2014

NuhNuh Intervention

It's no secret that Ava has been enamored with pacifiers pretty much from day one, and that love of pacis quickly evolved into a complete obsession with her WubbaNubs...or as she dubbed them, NuhNuhs. 

We ended up with five of the plush pacifiers, and they have comforted Ava through her first two+ years of life...





Over the last year, we tried to limit her use of the NuhNuhs to naptime and bedtime, which was mostly successful. However, I had been dreading the day when we took them away completely. 

The plan was to cut off the pacifier portions at some point this fall, leaving Ava with the little stuffed animals to keep as long as she wants. But this timeline was moved up when I noticed a tear in the tip of one of her pacifiers a few weeks ago. Upon inspection, I realized all of the NuhNuhs had suffered a similar fate, and since this posed a choking hazard, it was time for a little surgery. 

After showing Ava their "boo boos" and assuring her that they would still be able to snuggle with her in bed, she was surprisingly totally fine with us cutting off the pacifiers. So off they came!



She still has a couple regular pacifiers that were discovered while getting some out of storage for Rylan. However, we only give them to Ava at night if she asks for them...and she has actually gone pacifier free a couple nights. It's a miracle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive