Monday, September 22, 2014

Summer Trip to Austin | Part One

Ava's daycare was closed the second week in August, so it was the perfect time to head down to Austin for a visit (the longest time I've spent in my hometown in quite some time). 

Since Josh had to work, my Mom flew up to Dallas before driving down with me and the kids. 


Rylan loved hanging out with all his Austin family, and he got to meet his Nana, Nello, and Aunt Charlotte for the first time. 






I love these pictures that Rhonda and Dad took...






Rylan also got in some snuggle time with Lauren. He thought she was beautiful. 


Lauren and I also got to enjoy a wonderful night out at The Grove complete with wine flights and lots of appetizers. My favorite kind of meal. 
Ava had a blast the whole week as well and spent countless hours in the pool…at Bunny and Nelo's house, the country club, and Grampsie and Nana's house. 





Charlotte recently moved back to Austin along with her boyfriend, Bru. He refers to Ava as "Ava-cado" and "Ava-lanche," and she absolutely adores him :). 


Ava made sure that Grampsie used plenty of sunscreen. 


In addition to the pool, we spent a lot of time on my Mom's new screened-in porch. I nursed Rylan out here every morning while enjoying a nice cup of coffee. It was amazing, and now I am plotting how to get one built at our house. 


Another highlight of the week was Ava's first Sno Beach experience. An Austin summer isn't complete without one of their snow cones.
Mama got one as well :). 


It was such a wonderful week and, despite the fact that I was chasing around a toddler and waking up at night with a newborn, it brought back such wonderful memories of summers growing up in Austin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive