Tuesday, September 2, 2014

WINOS Weekend 2014 | Part Two

After a low-key start to the weekend on Friday, we dialed up the fun on Saturday starting with drinks and pooltime at The Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek



The hotel pool is not super big or fancy, but it was just what we needed...a relaxing spot to lounge by the pool and sip on some cocktails without a douchey Dallas scene. 





And speaking of cocktails, the "Sam-gria" made by our fantastic server, Sam, was amazing...and potent. 



Due to the fact that I had to get back to nurse Rylan later that afternoon, I couldn't partake in too much sangria...and my pool essentials looked a little different than normal. 


I's not really a party unless the mini fridge also serves as breastmilk storage ;). 


Several of the girls were staying at the hotel, and I left them the midst of a hilarious drunken dance party (during which someone may or may not have fallen off one of the beds) to head home for a while. But our crew cleaned up quite nicely, and everyone met up for dinner at Savor



Since we had to wait a while for our table, the bartender hooked us up with free champagne. Score!



We were finally seated on the patio, and it was worth the wait. The weather was unseasonably cool, and the patio overlooking Klyde Warren Park is gorgeous. 



After a wonderful meal, most of us called it a night in order to get home to our little ones (and poor Lolly got a migraine). And those left standing headed back to the hotel bar. 

It was such a fabulous night out with my girls.

Up next...an amazing brunch to end the weekend. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive