Friday, October 24, 2014

Friday Night Photo Dump | August & September 2014


We also had a lot of other random fun along the way...

Using Parqer, a super cool app developed by one of our friends, to pay for our valet parking after Ava's first mani/pedi. 


I don't know what Big Dog had to say, but he certainly had a captive audience.


During my maternity leave, Ava got in some quality time with her cousins. 

She loved making mini pizzas with them...a genius idea of Tori's.


The built-in playhouse under the stairs at their new house was also a huge hit. 


Silly Jack!


Spending the last day of my maternity leave snuggling (and crying).


My handsome dinner date being a little camera shy. 



My Mom found another (genius) use for the Boon grass drying rack. 


Just a silly Saturday morning. 


My new favorite treat. I could seriously eat the whole box.
Our little swimmer was so proud of her ribbon. 

 

Ava's first school supplies! I love that googly eyes were on the list. 


Another first for Ava...a JD's Chippery cookie. Seriously the best cookies ever. I think she liked it.


The little man napping on the couch. (Don't call CPS, he was supervised the whole time.)


Watching Disney's Bears, which Ava loved! 

P.S. This picture truly shows how much they look alike. 


Sharing a lollipop at Ollie's birthday party (that is a true friend!).


My Mom and Bonnie came in town for a weekend, so Josh and I got to enjoy a date night at The Capital Grille, one of our favorite spots for Restaurant Week. Their Generous Pour event is also amazing. 


They also helped us hang the giant chalkboard we got for the entryway. 


I love it! But I definitely need some practice at the whole chalkboard art thing. 


We transitioned Ava's crib into a toddler bed, which has gone as well as can be expected.


However, she has fallen out of bed a couple times. On one such occasion, we heard a huge thud, and then saw her asleep like this on the monitor after she had half climbed back in...


Rylan having fun at school.

 

Ava and one of her school friends.



Ava's Doodle Sketch art.



Thanks to John and Erin for the Spurs onesie. Unfortunately, I think he might be a Mavs fan ;).



Daddy-daughter French toast at IHOP.


Baby brother wished he could have some as well.


Ava dancing in puddles (to "Bang Bang").


Enjoying the cooler weather with my blue-eyed baby boy.


Fun at The Lot with Grammie, Papa, and the Lockwoods.

Rylan didn't get to play in the sand, but he still had fun.



Betsy clearly out-ordered all of us. I mean…it's a margarita with a sangria popsicle!


And finally, this series makes me completely melt.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive