Saturday, October 11, 2014

Summer Trip to Austin | Part Three

The final weekend during our trip down to Austin in August was a busy one. Josh flew down to join us, and his parents drove up from San Antonio on Saturday morning so Papa could finally meet Rylan.



After some naps, we headed over to my Dad's house for the evening.





Ava was quite obsessed with Aunt Hannah's new kitty, Betty. 




And since we hadn't been able to catch up earlier in the week, the Arnolds joined in on the fun as well. Ever the gentleman, Henry showed up with a flower for Ava.



The kids (and the dads) spent the majority of the time in the pool.









It was such a fun night. And all that swimming completely wore the kids out.

This picture of Henry and Ava kills me. Can you tell she was over the date by this point ;)? (In Henry's defense, it was waaaaay past Ava's bedtime.)


Finally, to round out the weekend, Mimi, Ryan, Laura, and Isabel joined us for lunch at my Mom's on Sunday.

These pictures of Mimi with the kids make me so happy.





Love. 


After a wonderful week in Austin, it was time to head back to Dallas via a ridiculously traffic-filled, six-hour drive. Blerg. 

A stop for milkshakes at Health Camp was clearly necessary. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive