Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Rylan - Three & Four Months

Life is a little busy these days (understatement of the year!), so I'm combining Rylan's three and four-month updates into one post. 

The last couple months have been a big transition as I returned to work and Rylan started daycare. He doesn't nap very well at school, but overall he has adjusted pretty well to the new routine (much better than I have). 

We made it to my first goal of breastfeeding for three months...and we're still going strong despite his upper lip tie (which I discovered only a couple weeks ago) and how much pumping at work sucks (I'm already mentally shopping for the completely frivolous gift I'm going to buy myself if I make it to six months). I'm glad it's going well, because we were really worried about his weight gain the first two months (likely due to the lip tie). Thank goodness he started gaining weight at a good rate before I went back to work or I would have thought it was just the bottles at daycare. 

Rylan was sleeping better at night for a while; however, the dreaded "four-month sleep regression" started around the 3.5 month mark and it's noooo joke. This mama is in serious need of a full night's sleep. 

Other than the poor sleep habits, this little guy is such an easy baby. Rylan is a happy, go-with-the-flow second child. And his smiles are the absolute best. 

The smiley baby in action during his monthly photo shoots...




He has discovered his cute little feet.


You can really tell with these pictures how much hair he has lost as well as how much bigger he has gotten between the two months. It's crazy that I now have a chubby, bald baby.


You can also see that he chews on his hands constantly.


Happy boy!



Doing the sprinkler dance :).


Stats:
Three Months
  • No official stats from the doctor this month, but according to our infant scale at home,* Rylan weighed 10 pounds, 10 ounces at three months.
*Due to our concerns about his weight gain the first month, we borrowed an infant scale from our friends. I highly recommend having one around if you are breastfeeding and worried about how much milk your baby is getting. It completely saved my sanity!

Four Months
  • Weight - 12 pounds, 11 ounces (5%)
  • Height - 24.5 inches (25%)
  • Head - 16.75 inches (75%)
Milestones/Firsts:
  • He is getting stronger and loves to do mini push-ups in order to see himself in the mirror.  

  • Rylan started "talking" up a storm shortly after he turned two months. He is clearly saying "I love you too, Mama" in this video…

  • Rylan can roll over from his tummy to his back. According to his daycare teacher, he can also roll over from his back to his tummy…but I have yet to see that in action. 
  • He is still sleeping in the Rock N' Play, but we switched Rylan to a sleep sack a few weeks ago in preparation for the move to his crib. 

Likes:
  • The running water sound on my phone's white noise app. It is magic.  
  • Being held facing out (unlike his sister who like to face me and lay her little head on my chest). 
  • Laying on the changing table. It is when he is his most talkative. 
  • Trying to suck on his thumb.
  • Laying on the play mat.
  • Sleeping in the Rock N' Play. I suppose he will have to learn how to sleep elsewhere before he starts Kindergarten. 
  • Trying to watch TV. The struggle is real. 
  • Chewing on Sophie. #onceithitsyourlips
  • Playing with his big sister.
  • Cheering for TCU :).

Dislikes:
  • Sleeping through the night.
  • Tummy time.
  • When Ava cries (or the other babies in his class). He sticks his bottom lip out and looks so sad. It is ridiculously cute.

And finally, some more of my favorite pictures of Rylan from the last two months…

He looks so much like his Dad in this one.


Sweet sibling snuggles.


Excited that he finally reached Ava's birth weight…at 2.5 months.


Playing at school.


Real men aren't afraid to wear a little pink.


Enjoying the cooler temps.


 All smiles.  



My sweet sleeping baby. 


Finally, my favorite picture of the last month...


This right here is what makes my world go round.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive