Sunday, November 23, 2014

State Fair 2014

Due to the fact that I have been crazy busy at work as well as the fact that neither of my children like to sleep these days, I am so behind on my blog posts from October and November. I plan on playing catch-up over the next couple weeks, and up first is a recap of our trip to the State Fair of Texas.

For the third year in a row we visited the State Fair with the Arnolds. The day we chose could not have been more beautiful. 


We started off with some obligatory pics in front of Big Tex. 



And, of course, some Fletcher's corny dogs.



The breakfast of champions.


Then it was time for some rides. The kids were tall enough for even more this year, and they were so excited. 


I don't think Ava stopped smiling the entire time.





Mama got in on the action as well (which I regretted once my daredevil of a toddler spun that bear faster than I thought possible).



Then it was time for some games…Josh's favorite part.



And you know what love is? Making enough shots in a row to win yourself some really nice headphones, but opting for a Dora basketball instead (as well as a crown, stuffed Scooby Doo, and a balloon). 

Ava was quite excited about all her loot.


Henry had a blast as well. 



So did Ry. 


 Lane is notorious for ordering all phallic-shaped Fair food, but he switched it up a bit this year and ordered the fried s'mores. 


 Which was, ummm, the opposite shape.


But it was quite delicious. 


Josh was also a fan of the "Deep Fried Texas Bluebonnet." 



To round out our trip to the Fair, we headed to the petting zoo. This was Ava's favorite part last year, and it didn't disappoint. 



In true, second-child fashion, we brought Rylan in with us to the petting zoo. The germs are good for him, yes? 


Luckily, the animals were still hungry when we arrived.



Well, hello there.


"Baby pigs, Mama!"



This is by far my favorite picture of the day. The joy on Ava's face is priceless.


And this is how you know you had a successful day at the Fair...



Until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive