Sunday, January 4, 2015

Cookies & Castles

When I was in college, the TCU Tri Delta alums put on a "Cookies and Castles" fundraiser each year to raise money for Cook Children's Hospital. The Dallas Alumnae Chapter puts on a similar event to benefit Scottish Rite, and I knew Ava (a future fourth generation Tri Delt…no pressure) would love decorating a gingerbread house for a good cause. 


The event was held at the hospital, and it was a candy madhouse in there!


But Ava and I found a place in line and picked out some goodies.



Then we found our table, and Ava got after it. 





She was very serious about her gingerbread house decorating.


But she may have eaten more candy than went on the house.



Ava was so proud of the finished product.



After all the decorating, Ava ran off her sugar high at the Scottish Rite's fantastic playground.




I can't wait to go again next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive