Saturday, February 21, 2015

Ava's Third Birthday

Our sweet baby girl turned THREE on February 3 (her golden birthday)!


We celebrated with a birthday donut the morning of the big day. 


She also had a little party at school, complete with cupcakes and an adorable crown. 


And Ava got to open a few presents that night, including the Elsa costume she has wanted ever since seeing the movie.


But we saved the big celebration for the weekend. Our family came in town, and Ava opened their gifts  before we headed to her party.


Bunny made her what has affectionately been named the "disco cape" :). Ava loves it!




She got another beautiful Frozen costume from Grampsie and Nana, but Ava would have been happy with just the singing kitten card.


Then it was time for the big event. 

Since we invited her entire class this year (plus friends…19 kids total!), we opted to not have the party at our house. And it was so wonderful...I don't think there is any going back. It's pretty nice when all you have to do is order the invitation…


Bake and Play took care of all the other details, and they made the whole process so easy. We showed up the day of the party, and everything was ready to go. 



Her friends and cousins had so much fun in the big playroom.











It was a little bit nutty in there. My Dad's face says it all :).


Ava had so much fun celebrating with all the family in attendance as well (sorry I didn't manage to get a photo of Grammie).





A bunch of our sweet friends joined the fun as well.




After play time, it was time for the kids to put on their aprons and decorate chef hats.








And for the main event…cake decorating (and eating)!














It's safe to say that Ava had a blast. 

And I loved that I wasn't up until the wee hours of the night the entire week before her party cleaning our house, cooking, and making Pinterest-inspired crafts. Worth. Every. Penny.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive