Sunday, May 10, 2015

Rylan - 10 Months

I know everyone says this about their kids, but Rylan is seriously the best baby. He is always so happy, will eat anything you put in front of him, and has become quite a good sleeper (rarely waking up at night, two naps a day, and mastered the 2-3-4 sleep schedule). It doesn't get much better than that. 

 Rylan learned how to pull up and cruise around last month, and he absolutely loves this new vantage point. I don't know if it is this new-found mobility, but Rylan seems so much older to me now. He is slowly leaving babyhood behind and will be a full-blown toddler before we know it (tear!). 

At his parent-teacher conference a few weeks ago, Rylan's teacher mentioned that he has an exceptional attention span for his age, which I have noticed as well. For example, we went to a birthday party at the Perot Museum that featured a 30-minute Sesame Street planetarium show. Most of the younger kids didn't last five minutes, but Rylan absolutely loved it! He laughed at Elmo and was enthralled by the stars. He sat calmly on my lap the entire time. 

He is definitely a studier of all that goes on around him. But his all-time favorite thing to study is his sister. Rylan loves Ava so much, and she gets the best giggles. I'd be jealous if he wasn't a complete and total mama's boy :).





Stats:

No official stats this month.

Milestones/Firsts:
  • First Easter.
  • Waving. It has become more of a real wave recently, but it started as a fist of solidarity in the air. Hilarious.
  • Eight teeth (four on top, four on bottom).
  • Pulling up and cruising. At first, he had a hard time getting back down, but now he dive-bombs instead of just sitting. I'm in trouble once he is a toddler.

Likes:
  • Playing peek-a-boo.
  • Taking baths.
  • Doing anything outside. 
  • His mama :).
  • Watching TV. I let him watch five minutes before we leave for school/work (so I can frantically put on my clothes/grab all our stuff), and five minutes when we get home (so I can frantically get dinner on the table for him and Ava). It is the only thing that will keep him calm during those times...call CPS. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is his favorite...especially the "Hot Dog Dance" at the end.
  • Seeing mama and dada kiss. He thinks it is hilarious.
  • Food! I don't know that he even has favorites. The kid will eat anything (I hope that never changes), and is a bottomless pit.



  • Reading books. As I mentioned earlier, he has a great attention span. His teachers commented that when they read books, he really studies the pictures/pages rather than just trying to touch the textured parts.
  • Sleeping on his tummy with his cute little booty in the air.

Dislikes:
  • Going down for his afternoon nap. He fights it so hard!
  • Having his nose wiped.
  • When mama leaves the room. (But he usually calms down very quickly.)
Finally, some of my other favorite pictures from last month.


Ava took this one...


One can never have too many NuhNuhs.


Those baby blues. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive