Friday, June 26, 2015

Friday Night Photo Dump | March - May 2015

I feel like the spring completely flew by! It's almost July (and the cool, spring weather is long gone), so I best get these photos posted.

March

Spring blooms and beautiful blue skies after all that crazy winter weather.


Practicing her bike riding skills.


Hi, there.


Ava's first homework assignment.


Playing is tough work.


A little me time at the salon. Those grays aren't going to cover themselves.


Daycare fun.


Our first "baby."


A fun dinner with the Adolphs.


Followed by lots of wine on the patio. ("We might as well open another bottle...it's a twist off.")


April

Porch snuggles with my little man (trying to keep him happy during the last 30 minutes before bedtime). 


One of Ava's current favorite books. The story is super cute, and the illustration is fantastic.


An artistic date night.



One of the best scents in the entire world...mountain laurel blooms.




And speaking of Ava's artistic talents, this is the best depiction of dog poop the Grand Canyon I've ever seen ;).


Fun at the Spanish House spring carnival...

Ava's performance was adorable.


P.S. She is really tall.




Ava loves to take pictures of the dogs.


My little hipster baby fits right in at Whole Foods.


May

Parenting two small children is no joke, but moments like this make it all worth it. 


Sangria and tapas with the girls. My happy place.


Their first bath together = lots of giggles and lots of splashing. 


After more than six years in our house, we finally outfitted the porch off our bedroom. Why didn't we do this sooner?!


Catching a fish at Grant's birthday party. It was serious business.


Fun at Sam's. AKA: shopping cart jenga.



Celebrating Steven's 40th birthday party at The Foundry (which is such a cool place!).

Tiny clothespins make anything better. Especially delicious cocktails from Proof + Pantry.


Mani/pedis with Aunt Lily.



These two.


(P.S. It doesn't get much hotter than a man with a baby strapped to his chest. Maybe a man with a baby strapped to his chest while washing dishes.)

I think Ava was just a little happy to see me when I arrived for her zumba class party at school.


And in case you were wondering what a preschool zumba class is like, here is a taste...


Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive