Monday, June 22, 2015

Memorial Day Trip to POC

We generally go down to Port O'Connor with my family over the Fourth of July, but the kids' school was closed the week of Memorial Day this year, so we switched up our vacation tradition a bit. 

The last few weeks have been a bit crazy at work, so rather than separate out all these photos in multiple posts, I'm just gonna lay it all out here. I apologize in advance for the extremely lengthy post. I couldn't resist the subtitles though (the Type A struggle is real).

Beach/Pool Time

Unfortunately, our first few days at the coast were met with unseasonably chilly, windy, and rainy weather. But we didn't let that stop us from enjoying a little time in the water.

Our first afternoon, we headed to the little beach in town. This was Rylan's first trip to the beach, and this photo series very much accurately portrays his first few minutes on the sand. 


He warmed up to the idea very quickly. 






Despite the weather and high tide, we had a great first afternoon at the beach.




And Rylan only managed to eat one small handful of sand. Success.

The next day we took the boat to Sunday Beach. The wind was so crazy that I half-regretted bringing Rylan, but he didn't seem to mind. 

In fact, I think he loved his first boat ride.


The shallow, calm bay side of the beach is perfect for little ones. 



I thought for sure we were coming home with a pet hermit crab. Ava was quite the little hunter.



Thanks to some family friends, we were able to enjoy some time at the pool as well. 



Ava's First Fishing Trip

Ava enjoyed her time at the beach, but the highlight of the weekend for her was definitely the fishing trip with Grampsie and Daddy. 





Since I was staying back at the house with Ry, Josh promised to take lots of pictures.

He delivered.


First fish!



She wasn't afraid of the fish at all and loved touching them.






When asked if she wanted to let this fish go, Ava said: "No. I want to eat it." And eat it we did. 


So proud!


Dolphin Point Olympics

We had a smaller group this year, but that didn't stop the games. As always, it was made up of four events - beer pong, cornhole, ladder ball, and trivia. 










The competition was fierce…and fun. This video says it all…


And clearly Team Shep took home the prize.


Hanging at the House

Because of the crazy weather, we spent a lot of time hanging out at the house, and especially on the porch. But that was totally fine, because I was in dire need of a relaxing vacation (as relaxing as one can be with two small children).









Aunt RaRa teaching Ava how to play dominoes.





Stephen admiring his idol ;).







Do yourself a favor and make these fizzy grapefruit margaritas.


Ava has officially learned how to pose.


And the sass kills me. 


Dining al fresco.





It was such a wonderful Memorial Day!


Until next year, POC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive