Friday, November 6, 2015

Rylan's Baptism

Rylan was baptized on Sunday, October 18 in Austin, and it was such a wonderful day.


Ava was baptized at a different church in Austin (the one I attended in middle school and high school), but my parents recently switched back to the church we attended when I was younger (and where I attended preschool). It was also extra special because my Mom and I were both baptized there.

I accidentally left my nice camera in Dallas (which is not as bad as when I forgot Josh's suit for Ava's baptism…whoops), so in typical fashion for a second child, I did my best with just the iPhone. But this little gentleman would look cute no matter what...







Thanks to my Dad for this sweet shot...


The baptism was scheduled for the end of the service, and our energetic 16-month-old boy was not having the wait, so I spent most of the time with him outside.





When his big time arrived, Rylan (and Ava) did great. 




The pastor didn't even seemed bothered by the fact that at some point during the process, Rylan's diaper became very smelly. 

After the ceremony, Grampsie and Nana hosted a wonderful lunch at their house. Aunt RaRa the event planner was a huge help, and the "Marfa chic" theme was perfect.






Nana's homemade pralines are ridiculously good!


We are grateful that so many of our family members were able to join the festivities. Rylan is truly a lucky little boy.













And don't worry, Ava got her fair share of attention as well :).


It was such a joyous day celebrating our sweet boy as well as God's love and grace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive