Saturday, January 5, 2013

Couch to 5K Update

Since it has been a couple months, I figured it was time for an update on my Couch to 5K program. Everything was going well until I injured my knees a few weeks before Christmas. They hurt so bad that I could barely walk fast, and I think a big part of the problem was the old tennis shoes I had been wearing. 

After resting my knees for a few weeks, I am back at it! And per some advice I received from the pros at Luke's Locker, I am taking the program a little slower. The plan is to repeat some of the weeks, which will make it take longer than nine weeks, but I don't care as long as I get there. 

And these lovely new shoes are much easier on my old knees.




Aren't they pretty?!




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive