Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Baby Boy Shep - 35 Weeks


How far along are you? 35 weeks (36 weeks on Thursday).

How big is the baby? About the size of a honeydew melon (but I swear he feels bigger than that).

How much weight have you gained? 33 pounds. Still doing much better than last time around.

How are you feeling/sleeping? I am feeling so ridiculously uncomfortable these days (the rising temperatures don't help), and I have added wicked heartburn to the list of things keeping me up at night. Luckily, I have escaped the swollen ankles/feet for the most part. But I feel like a 90-year-old lady walking around due to my hip pain, and the waddle has gotten worse.


What was the best moment of the past few weeks? In addition to the wonderful celebration that my friends threw for Baby Boy Shep a couple weeks ago, Josh and I were also able to get a bunch of stuff done around the house last weekend when Ava visited my family in Austin. With approximately three weeks to go, it was very much needed. 

What do you miss the most? I eliminated diet soda from my diet during pregnancy, and have recently been craving a huge Diet Coke over "Sonic" ice. A large glass of ice-cold sangria sounds amazing as well. 

Any movement? He still moves around the most during the afternoon, but every evening he sticks out what I think is his butt on the right side of my stomach. It is like he is doing the downward dog pose. And it is super uncomfortable.


Any food cravings? Nothing specific these days other than the aforementioned Diet Coke. But I am pretty much hungry all the time. 

Is your belly button in or out? Still out, and it is now surrounded by some lovely (albeit smallish) stretch marks. 

What are you looking forward to in the next few weeks? Meeting our little guy...only 23 days until the scheduled C-section! Holy moly that is soon. 

How is Ava handling the pregnancy/impending big sister status? She still seems very excited to meet her little brother, but has recently taken to pretending like she is a "little baby"…so I may be dealing with two babies very soon :). 

Finally, I didn't take a 35-week picture with Ava, but click here to view her 37-week post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive