Saturday, January 10, 2015

Rylan - Six Months

Rylan turned six-months old right before Christmas. The fact that my baby is (now more than) half-way to his first birthday is completely crazy. 

And he does seem like he has grown up a lot in the last month. Not only is he much bigger (his growth chart is crazy steep), but he is sitting up by himself and has started eating some solid food. 

I'm so proud that we made it to my six-month breastfeeding goal! But due to several factors, we started the weaning process a few weeks ago and are officially done as of today. I am elated that this means no more pumping at work and it will be nice to not worry about the food, drinks, and medication I consume. However, I cried like crazy during our last nursing session tonight (and am currently commemorating the event with a large glass of wine…or three).

Rylan is still consistently waking up twice a night, but I am praying the little dude will sleep through the night soon (or at least just wake up once!). It feels like we are in a constant state of exhaustion. But he continues to make up for this by being the happiest, sweetest baby. And his smiles…ohmygosh. I seriously can't get enough of this little nugget.

It was nearly impossible to keep Rylan from trying to eat his sticker this month, but I did manage to get a few pictures…







Stats:
  • Weight - 16 pounds, 9 ounces (25%)
  • Height - 26 3/4 inches (50%)
  • Head - 18 inches (96%)
Compared to his four-month stats, these are crazy high!


Milestones/Firsts:
  • First Thanksgiving.
  • At the end of the month, he started sitting up by himself…and was very proud. (Bonus points if you can spot the three Wizard of Oz-related items in this picture.)
  • Rylan got his first taste of real food (oatmeal), and after a short hesitation, absolutely loved it. Ava also loved assisting :). 


Likes:
  • Putting everything in his mouth.
  • Kisses. 
  • Laughing at his sister.
  • Looking at "that cute baby" in the mirror.
  • Swinging.


  • Taking baths. He can go from super fussy to the happiest baby on the planet in about two seconds once he is in the bath.

  • The excersaucer (#circleofneglect).

Dislikes:

  • Sleeping through the night.
And finally, some other fun pictures from the month...

Naptime with Daddy.


Too cool for school.


The feeling is (usually) mutual.


My little reindeer at his class Christmas party.


Snuggling with Grammie.




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My name is Catherine, but most of my friends call me Cat. I was born and raised in Austin, went to TCU, and ended up in Dallas for law school (where Josh and I met). I decided that being an attorney was not my cup of tea and pursued a career in legal marketing. I am now a mother of two attempting to balance family with a full-time job, which is always an adventure. I love: my sweet babies, handsome husband, very large family, and fabulous friends; trying new restaurants; wine; TCU football; holidays; cooking; The Bar Method; pajamas; Topo Chico; reading; coffee; Central Market; carbs; the beach; mani/pedis; Anthropologie; binge-worthy TV shows and podcasts; trivia; French 75s; Pinterest; cheese boards; The Ticket; dancing; Sprinkles cupcakes; The Texas Rangers; fresh flowers; thunderstorms; naps; Tex-Mex; the Texas Hill Country; porch-sitting; ranch dressing; throwing parties; and my job. I hate: working-mom guilt; snakes; heights; waking up early; ignorant people; stomach bugs; paper cuts; green fruit; snoring; bad hair days; the sound of people eating (Misophonia); scary movies; bad drivers; pulpy OJ; trimming baby fingernails; and Miracle Whip. That pretty much sums it up.

Instagram

E-mail Me

Followers

Blog Archive